Sunday, February 04, 2007

Ah the museum! And GREAT friends!

So my best friend MaryEllen, her husband Paul, daughter Amanda came to visit DC for a few days. Paul is an Executive Chef in Connecticut so they don't get much free time to go away. I haven't seen them in 6 years. Amanda is 2 and absolutely adorable. Yes people, I actually said that. We went to the Museum of Natural History and saw the dinosaurs and the rocks. We didnt have a lot of time because the museum closes at 6 and we got there just before 5. It was enough. They stayed at the Sofitel Hotel, so we walked to the museum. It was cold, but not horrible.

It was really good to see them and be able to spend time with them. MaryEllen and I talked non stop;) I know some of you may find that hard to believe.......ahem. It was really great. I miss her tons. I think that Minnick is right about us all getting older and rethinking our lives a bit. I am too busy to go and visit my best friends. And yet, it was not really so difficult for me to take off a day from school to spend time with them when they came here. The world did not stop, my students did not spiral into a decline, I didn't lose my job........ yet;) I had a great time and I realize how important they are to me. More so than my job. MaryEllen is like my family. Hell, I live close to many of you that I call my friends and I can't take time to see you. I AM too busy. Too busy with too many of the wrong things.

Ugh, enough maudlinism. Is that even a word? All I can do is keep moving forward I suppose;)

I do believe that Bud may soon rival Jeffrey for "why the hell are you taking stupid pictures of me". Except I don't take eating pictures........... I just want some sort of silly picture and he's always looking at me saying......."why the hell are you tkaing stupid pictures of me?" But I think he's partially to blame........... He does stand still for them.

And of course, no trip to the museum is complete with a picture of the Hope Diamond. A girl can dream;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home