Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Still more summer fun;)

So at the picnic family reunion thing there was many a game, as well as tons of food. We had horse shoes; my brother and sister in law cleaned up at that.....they were beating everyone!! There was an egg toss; Bud and I were the winners in our division. We got stickers. The little kids got a dollar AND stickers. I think we were cheated. My Uncle Eddie ran the egg toss like a drill sergeant!! It was crazy;)

We stayed with my cousin Linda and her family for the nite. Her dogs are precious!! You think Carla's dogs are spoiled?? She should compare notes with my cousin.
We got up the next morning, had fresh bagels from the bakery....not the safeway. A real bakery. And we also had some Entemann's chocolate crunch coffee cake. OMG!! Jim has a connection with one of the driver's for Entemann's and they only do this coffee cake every once in a while. Then it was on to Hershey PA where we were booked at the Westwynd Inn.

Lovely bed and breakfast on a horse farm. Our room was great, the house was beautifully decorated and the grounds were great. I would love to go back and stay longer. We went to dinner at the Hotel Hershey and I am VERY glad we didn't spend the money to stay there. Even tho it is a lovely hotel and very swank and expensive, the place was overrun with small children. They were everywhere running and screaming in the lobby, and the bar, and the restaurants and the bar!! We had dinner on the terrace. It was absolutely delightful and a wonderful anniversary dinner. 18 years, can you believe it?? Seems like yesterday sometimes.

And then on Monday after a fantastic breakfast it was off to Hershey Park!! If you haven't been for a while and you like roller coasters YOU HAVE TO GO!! It was soooooo much fun. We really had the best day, weather was great, not horrible long lines and we bought a sickening amount of chocolate at Chocolate World.

That's it for now I guess. I'm back at school, so that's .............. well, let's just say things haven't changed much. today I had my goal setting conference and my AP all but told me that if I don't start making a move to get my English certification then I wouldn't be offered a contract at the end of the year. Welcome back!! Seriously........ I don't teach English. I'm not going to teach English (we have 8 theatre classes) why do I need to be certified in English?? Just because Theatre is lumped in with Language Arts?? Please. So I guess I should start looking for a job. Anybody hiring???

4 Comments:

Blogger The Follow Spot said...

the house and land are stunning, I am glad BUD dressed up for it

12/9/06 8:24 PM  
Blogger Krissy Doyle said...

What a lovely anniversary trip. Seems very relaxing and peaceful.

13/9/06 6:21 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

I have never been, I would like to go some time. So what are your qualifications, Where do you see yourself in five years, can you work the graveyard shift, we start people out at $5.50 an hour and no benifits after fiver years you get a $.10 raise and after 10 years we will pay $3.00 a month for health care, and when can you start?

14/9/06 3:36 PM  
Blogger Caren said...

Brandon, the West End closed. You can't offer me a job there.

15/9/06 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home