Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Peace


It was a lovely three day weekend. Very few commitments and lots of quality time at home. Bud and I don't get much time to see each other so it was definitely a good time to reconnect;)

We went yesterday to the nursery and bought some flowers to plant in the front yard and to soften the edge of the new driveway (more commonly referred to as "our vacation"). And the dogs got a bath! Hurray!! We had to go and buy a new flag for the front porch too as the last storm broke the pole and ripped the flag. Bud also discovered a mockingbird's nest in the honeysuckle in the backyard. They have a couple of babies in there and it's fascinating watching the parents guard it. The dog next door got too close and they kept swooping down to chase her away. I might try to take a picture, but the minute they start to attack, I'm outta there!!

I hope everyone had a restful weekend.

Prayers and thoughts to the families of those fallen in the service of our country.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Follow Spot said...

Ummm, hello?!?!?! I have been checking in for a good Laughlafflaf andf I have not gotten one....whats up with that??? Whatever!

11/6/06 7:52 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Never mind Mark, I know you take some of your pictures but where do you get the rest?

13/6/06 4:55 PM  
Blogger Caren said...

Some of them are from a site called away.com I get a daily email from them and they feature different areas of the world every day. I save the ones I really like.

14/6/06 3:07 AM  
Blogger Jim Lawson said...

Caren - It was great seeing you last week and as usual you were great as was the rest of the cast. I hope all works out with you and Bud being happy with the schools. Keep in touch. Jim

14/6/06 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home