Sunday, May 21, 2006

Not for laughs, with my apologies

Wearily, drearily,
Half the day long,
Flap the great banners
High over the stone;
Strangely and eerily
Sounds the wind's song,
Bending the banner-poles
While, all alone,
Watching the loophole's spark,
Lie I, with life all dark,
Feet tether'd, hands fetter'd
Fast to the stone,
The grim walls, square letter'd
With prison'd men's groan.
Still Strain the banner-poles
Through the wind's song,
Westward the banner rolls
Over my wrong.
William Morris
So I thought this rather expressed how I feel about my life at the moment. Nancy and I were talking today about the word "weary". It's a word that is weighty, it drags at you, your entire being. It is more than tired. It lays heavy about the shoulders, pulling down on your soul. It laughs at you for striving forward, even as it smothers you. It is such an enervating word........ and feeling. And it almost blames you for all wrongs, even as you know that cannot be, but the weight will not let you escape. You must take the fault for you cannot find the energy to fight. You are drained and trodden upon.
"weary" is unpleasant. "Weary" is a long journey down, and a longer journey back. "Weary" happens when there is so much....... so many......... so.................. oh my. Tired is physical, exhausted can be emotional, weary encompasses the soul.
I am weary.

4 Comments:

Blogger Caren said...

maybe we should start one. you have a trailer.........can we meet out there so no one can find us?

22/5/06 2:55 AM  
Blogger The Follow Spot said...

my suggestion ----- get over yourself

23/5/06 12:50 PM  
Blogger The Follow Spot said...

and after you think about all that ron says -----then breath again and......get over yourself once more

24/5/06 8:49 AM  
Blogger Sabra said...

Girlfriend,
Come back to NYC where you get carried on by the hubbub and don't have TIME to be weary. You know you love it ;o) Besides, you're depressing Mark.

24/5/06 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home