Wednesday, March 01, 2006

It's a puzzlement

Ok, so I've been thinking about it a lot, and actually even talked to a few people recently........I do not know how to teach something. I cannot teach passion for or pride in ....whatever it is the students are doing. It is elusive, I can't even articulate it for myself. So I suppose it would stand to reason that I cannot teach it. Can you teach what you cannot articulate? Can you teach feelings? I am in the business of feelings, I'm supposed to be able to teach that. I am frustrated by the fact that they do not get this "passion", this want to do the best they can. I suppose that i do not understand it. How do they not "get it"? And is there something that is inspiring them to the level of feeling I have for the business, the art that is in them; inspiring them somewhere for something? If there is, I don't see it. If there is, I don't know how to reach it. If there is, why are they hiding it?

I LOVE what I do as a performer. It is life to me. It defines my existence. It energizes me and gives me that reason to continue on through a day, a week, a month, a year, a moment. I constantly am in search of the "high" I get when I'm working. I hope that when I do perform I'm letting the audience see and feel that, because it just cycles back to me. A perfect symbiosis. An explosion, a contentment, a fullness, an emptiness, a euphoria............. How to explain that to someone else? How to help them find it? Is it even possible?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home