Sunday, February 25, 2007

weekend trip

So I'm sitting in my hotel in Burlington NC. Where, you say??? IT's where Elon University is located. One of my former students is a senior this year and their senior seminar show goes up this weekend. The Full Monty. Seems everyone is doing that this year;) I was a little hesitant about coming down here to see THe Full Monty, especially as it's a former student, but hey. ... They aren't really naked til the very end and I probably won't see much if anything. Although they are performing in their small black box space. Apparently it's very much a "reach out and touch you" type of space. So this could be more than I bargained for. Oh, well, I get to be out of town for a weekend.

It's raining and dreary today and I'm supposed to drive to Raleigh for an audition. Hurray for a reason to write off the whole trip!! Raleigh is about an hour away so I guess I should get moving. It's for a summer company. They're doing some good shows. I could realistically only do one because of teaching summer camp, but an audition is an audition.

That's about it right now. Working rehearsals are going well and we are also gearingup for our dinner fundraiser on the 10th of March. It's an Italian restaurant theme and then we retire to the theatre for a little music revue. $25 and a ticket could be yours. Let me know if anyone wants to come. The food is catered (so it's not just a spaghetti dinner) and there will be raffles and entertainment etc.

bye for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home