Friday, May 09, 2008

Catching up

Hello all. So we are in the final stretch at school. Last weekend was the Spring Dance Concert "Impulse to Move". It went well I thought. This weekend is a benefit concert run entirely by the Dance students. It is called "Step Up: Dance for a Difference" and is supporting an organization that teaches dance to challenged; mostly physically challenged, children. I can't remember the name of the organization at the moment, but can find it if anyone is interested. The concert is on Saturday May 10 and tickets are $8. All the money is going to this organization. We had a tech yesterday and the dances are a full range of styles. I think it looks pretty cool. I hope if anyone has time they can come and support this cause. The concert starts at 7:30.

It's also rehearsal for the senior directed one acts. 11 student directors, 4 nites of one acts. We've got everything from children's theatre to absurdist. It's crazy. I stay after everyday to give them rehearsal time in the building. It's giving me time to pack up my stuff. I need boxes. I've run out and the copy center......... yeah, there's a lot of teachers leaving sooo lots of people are asking for boxes. I guess I should just break down and go buy some. I've collected a lot of random crap in the last few years. I've been throwing lots of things away too.

They haven't found anyone to take my job yet. They're interviewing, but so far....... it hasn't looked promising. At least that's what my AP told me yesterday. And with the other theatre teacher leaving as well............... yeah. They got nobody. If anyone knows someone who is looking to get into teaching theatre in a high school that has a theatre degree and knows the production side as well as acting................Get that application IN!!

Sorry no pics with this post. Haven't taken many lately. Concentrating on finishing at the 'Bridge and working up some Lorton stuff. Writing class descriptions, reading children's shows, trying to figure out how to pay for a children's theatre company............. you know, stuff like that:) It's kind of really exciting to be starting something new. I feel like I'm standing right on the edge and I'm not really sure where that first step is going to take me. I just know that everytime I think about that first step I am grinning like a fool. Same feeling I get when I ride an amazing roller coaster.

God, I am such a geek.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Lawson said...

A geek and a wonderful person! I'm so excited for you being able to start something completely new.

9/5/08 6:06 AM  
Blogger Eric Hoefler said...

Poopy for WSHS, whoopie for you! I'm really excited to see what you'll do with Lorton ... and to hear your prison-related ghost stories.

9/5/08 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home